Monday 29 March 2010

Songbird

As people who read my blog know, I love Tim Holtz products and now especially I love his rubber stamps. I was lucky enough to receive a great present from my friend Kate who bought me one of his sets 'Artful Flight' which has this gorgeous bird. I didn't have a clear idea of how I was going to use the bird but after playing around I ended up making this card. I used Tim Holtz distress inkpads for the background (Wild Honey, Scattered Straw and Adirondack Sail Boat Blue) - flicked water droplets over it to give cool faded out spots. I had some sheet music that I downloaded from Craft Stamper that I tore and added for a collage effect. The hearts are from Blonde Moments

I like using Tim Holtz distress stickles so added some to the bird to give some texture. I don't know if you can see it in this closer up picture but there is some on the bird's stomach. It kind of looks like coloured glass and gives a nice shiny effect.

Our clocks went forward an hour yesterday and I'm still not used to it. I've been yawning all morning so I better go and make a nice strong coffee to wake me up!

Happy Monday everyone :)

1 comments:

Monica Gale said...

Oh how I need to pinch your combo Liz, this is absolutely gorgeous and that birdie is cute. hugs xxx