Friday 19 March 2010

It all went a bit Gothic

Ooh yesterday I had a play with my new Tim Holtz distress ink pads and distress stickles my sister Ady bought me. Love those gorgeous ink pads, they blend so beautifully. I like using the stickles too though I don't think you can see their sheeny shininess in this photo. I thought the card looked like it had been dipped in water and came out with bits of algae on it! I know, why would you want that look? I don't know, but it looked good to me which made me think it would look good with an underwater scene. I didn't have a clear idea about what I was doing when I made this card, it just came about by accident and I'm pleased with the gothic look of it. Will that bird rescue his friend from the cage swaying in the breeze? I guess we will never know... :)

The stamps I used are from Stampendous (bird cage and little bird), Hero Arts (CL1823 Birds and Messages) and the Baroque stamp is from Stampin up. That beautiful flower brad is from Stampin up too.

That arch shape die, is a Crescent shaped tag fromSizzix, the first die I've bought for my Big Shot Express machine. I'm so impressed with that machine, it makes things so easy for me.

Ahh, its Friday, yippee!

1 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Liz, great card - love your colours and all those swirls! I am having a candy giveaway at my blog that ends tonight. I noticed that you hadn't dropped by yet, and as you are one of my followers I didn't want you to miss out on a chance to go into the draw! My cat is called Custard and he wouldn't pass up the opportunity to sleep on a nice warm towel either! Hugs, Jo x