Thursday 4 March 2010

Japanese Spring

I've been promising to make a Japanese card for my neice Anna. So here it is at last. I used the Four Oriental Dolls set by Hero Arts and used one of the Asian Cuttlebug embossing folders for the background. The shape of the card is a Blossom die cut from Nestabilities. My little bonsai tree looks nice with it. See, I'm trying to improve my pictures and this is a good start. Can you tell the bonsai tree is not real?

Here is a closer look at the card. You can't see the diamond stickles so well on the fan and paper lantern but you can see marks on the embossed bits where it hasn't embossed so well. Luckily in reality it doesn't show up like that - think the camera highlights that because of the flash.

Did my Tim Holtz book arrive yesterday? YES it did!!!! Hurray! I really wanted to sit and do nothing all day but read the book and play with all his ideas. But had other things to do. And it didn't help that I took a look at my fish in the fishtank, and noticed that some of the fish looked like they had been dipped in icing sugar... uh oh! That means some kind of parasite has affected them. So I had to search for the medication to treat the tank with and then I couldn't get the lid off as it had a child-proof lid on and they always defeat me. Luckily the caretaker of the flats was around so he opened it for me. Now the fish are swimming around in a beautiful green tank as the medicine is bright green. If I get a good enough picture I will show it tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by ...

3 comments:

Monica Gale said...

Liz this is beautiful, I love that little doll. xx

Anner said...

Ah now I've seen it before it's even arrived. I promise to act surprised and equally as delighted as I am now. Thanks Liz :)

donna mikasa said...

Great shot of a great card! Love the bonsai, even if it's fake! No one has to know.....!