Tuesday 16 March 2010

Birthday Sheep

This is a card I've made for my sister Sue's birthday. I don't think she will see this as she will be busy at work. And if she does, it looks better in reality than in this picture :).

Over the last couple of days I've taken ages trying to make a nice birthday card and three of my attempts went into the bin! It's not always easy making cards, sometimes I just don't have the inspiration. Other times I make mistakes and just cannot cover them up. Usually this happens with sentiments. I spend a lot of time making a card and right at the last minute add a sentiment and then it all goes wrong. Yesterday I stamped a sentiment and it only half came out, and then on another card it went on crooked...exasperating! So I really love Stampin Up's little word window punch you can add a sentiment to and then attach it to the card, great cos if it all goes on wrong it doesn't spoil the whole card.

Mind you it doesn't help when my eyesight is not as good as it used to be. It wasn't until I uploaded this card onto my computer when I realised the sentiment actually wasn't as neat as it should have been. And the edging of the card isn't totally straight. Actually, I regretted rounding off the corners as the rounder punch didn't cut very cleanly. Oh dear, the trials and tribulations of making 1 card!

The cute sheep is from Pink Petticoat's With Flowers set and the Happy Birthday sentiment is from Stampin Up's 'Happy Moments' set. I used Cuttlebug embossing folders 'Caramelo' and 'Swirls' for the sky and grass. The flowers are from Hero Arts and the pearls are from Papermania. I coloured the image with colour pencils which is nice because the colours come out all soft and pretty.

I have a dental appointment, not till Thursday, but somehow it seems to be affecting my whole week. I will be glad for Friday when it is all over. It's only a check up, just hope it's all over quickly!

0 comments: