Sunday 7 March 2010

Playing withTags

I'm enjoying reading Tim Holtz's book 'A Compendium of Curiosities'. It's full of interesting techniques and is more of a 'how to create' rather than 'how to make' book. The lovely thing about my order is that the book came with a few accessories which made it more fun, as it meant you could start right away with experimenting.

I thought I'd use a few tags to try out some techniques on. I used the sponge applicator tool to applied distress inks. Love the new Brushed Cordroy inkpad I received AND the most gorgeous Perfect Pearls Antique Gold powder. I've never used Perfect Pearls before but you brush it lightly onto the wet ink you've just applied, and WOW ... the shimmer and sheen of the gold is very impressive but you can't see it in these pics ... it's a shame but my camera is just not picking it up. Trust me, get some Perfect Pearls, they are great and you can add a few sprinkles to water and spray it on for another shimmer effect.

Here is a tag I made with the Elegant Birds set from My Cute Stamps. Another lovely product I received was Rock Candy crackle paint - this is different from Crackle Accents as it provides a sheen over your image with small crackles as opposed to big crackles. I love that word Crackle! Anyway after I applied it, I let it dry and then smeared over it with my finger, some distress Rocky Candy Stickles which, when dried, gives a vintagey glass like effect. Think I might have gone overboard with that. You can see it looks like sugar in places...

And here is a tag I made using the Brushed Cordroy distress ink with the Antique Gold Perfect Pearls brushed around the edges. Then I repeated the crackle effect and added distress stickles. The rubber stamp image is from Memory Box.
Well no doubt you will be seeing more of my experiments soon.

Have a lovely Sunday...

1 comments:

Monica Gale said...

oooh I love those Liz and I also like the posh cats stamp made me laugh out loud. Hugs xx