Monday 15 March 2010

Mini cards and daffodils

Okay so sometimes mini cards come in very handy when I'm short on time.

I stamped these butterfly images onto the colorued card and then stamped them again on white card and coloured them in. Then I cut out the butterflies and glued their body, but not the wings, ontop of the previously stamped image, thereby giving a 3d effect. It's a simple and effective idea. The butterflies were from the Hero Arts clear set of stamps 'Antique Engravings' and the sentiments both from Stampin Up's 'Happy Moments' set.

Now how about a beautiful image of spring? Here are some gorgeous white daffodils my friend Kate bought me for my birthday. Ahh they are so lush, I love them, thank you Kate!

Some nice thoughts about spring ...

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." Anne Bradstreet

"If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom." Audra Fuveo

"Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'" Robin Williams

Happy Monday everyone!


1 comments:

Diana said...

Love the bright colors. Met you on Hero Arts. Thanks for sharing. Happy Monday!