Friday 5 March 2010

Doing the worm walk, kitty style

No you are not seeing things... yes it really is two posh cats taking their pet worm out for a walk - ha ha, my favourite rubber stamp image. It's so funny and I love that the lady cat's muffler has dead mice in it, very tasteful! I got it from 100 proof press - a great rubber stamp company that has the quirkiest images ever.

I haven't used it much but while reading Tim Holtz's book I was wondering what vintagey image I had that I could distress and so I came up with my two posh cats. I didn't really do much to the card. Just inked some Broken China and Faded Denim around the image and then repeated that on the base card. Then I tried dropping water onto the inks to create patterns although that didn't really work as well as I'd liked. After, I stamped some Inkadinkado swirls in the corners.

The sentiment at the bottom is an SRM sticker, just liked the subtle look of it.

A closer look... not sure if you can see the detail that well, try clicking on it, check out the poor dead mice in the muffler. Don't know why I just find that so cute, I must be sick!

I'm heading back to 100 Proof Press to check out their other amusing 1920's cats.

Thanks for stopping by...

1 comments:

donna mikasa said...

What a fun, quirky image! I love 100 Proof Press and have quite a few of their "weird" images! Love your water splotches--Tim's book must be a bible of knowledge!