Tuesday 18 May 2010

My first stipple

This is my first go at stippling instead of brayering a background. It worked out really well. No lines and no white gap around the moon, hurray! This came out a bit light and I tried adjusting the levels in photoshop but just couldn't get it right.

Can you see there is a weird looking giant bonsai tree on the distant mountain in front of the cat? Well that was an ink splodge that shouldn't have been there. I was so annoyed after finishing the card. I thought how the heck did that get there? I was about to chuck the card in the bin when I grabbed my pen and tried turning it into a tree. It looked better before the mistake but never mind.

The cherry blossom tree is from Lavinia Stamps and the cat is from Rubber Stamps of America. I'm not sure where I got the bamboo plant from, it was from a japanese set of stamps. I did the 'stars' with a white gel pen. Oh, and I coloured in the blossoms with a pink Sakura Souffle pen, I like the puffiness it gives after the pen dries. Inks for the background were TH Mustard Seed and Adirondack Eggplant.

Meanwhile, back at the PaperCraft@Taunton show. There was one stall there selling Penny Black stamps. I love PB stamps but haven't used mine that much. However, when I saw all the lovely cards the lady from Butterfly Kisses had made, I was inspired. So I bought two stamps! I loved this gorgeous one with the bunnies in the pots. I don't think I would have bought the stamp if I hadn't seen this card
You can't see in the picture but the pots are really glossy with glossy accents. And the bunnies and flowers are are so beautifully decoupaged. Wow, I hope I can reproduce this as well as this example. Mind you, those whiskers are cut out so finely, I wonder if I can do it without cutting them off?

Back with another picture from the show tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by ...

1 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Love the stippling, Liz! You've mastered it so well! And I love the little bonsai tree--it looks like it was meant to be there! Honestly!