Tuesday 4 May 2010

More brayer practice

I managed to get the sun how I like it this time, more subtle and without the solar flares! I was also happy with the soft pink hills. But the placement of the trees wasn't so good. All the stamps are Lavinia stamps. The shrink plastic dragonfly was a Judikins stamp that I stamped kanji characters inside the wings and chalked orange and yellow and then shrunk. Hero Arts for the sentiment and little dragonfly.

I'm enjoying brayering with inks, just like to see that soft effect and see what types of backgrounds I can create. It does take up a lot of space on my table though. I really need to clear up a lot before I start and when I finish the whole table is full again!

I watched an enjoyable dvd yesterday. Woody Allen's 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' About two girlfriends on a summer holiday in Spain who become involved with the same man, unaware that his demented ex-wife, with whom he has a tempestuous relationship, is about to re-enter the picture. I'm a Woody Allen fan, love a lot of his films and I think this was a return to form. You could tell this was one of his what with the flowing dialogue and at times if I wasn't looking at the screen, thought Scarlett Johansson could have been Diane Keaton's character Annie Hall. Loved the shots of Barcelona, think I would love to go there. My main interest, I have to say, was the very sexy Javier Bardem - OMG!!

Thanks for stopping by...

3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great card Liz, don't be so hard on yourself as the whole thing pulls together beautifully!
I am a HUGE Woddy Allen fan but have to admit that I haven't seen this one. My hubby doesn't like films and our local video/DVD store closed down last year. Hopefully it'll be shown on the telly soon. Have a good day, Jo x

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is just lovely, Liz! Quite honestly, I think the trees look perfect where they are. More realistic. Hoping to see more brayered goodness from you!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Beautifully elegant card, Liz! Everything is perfect, including the trees ;D I agree with your statement about Javier Bardem. That man just oozes sex appeal and that accent...oh my!