Friday 21 May 2010

Cheetah Love

I had yet another busy day yesterday and so didn't get time to make any cards. So thought I'd show some more of my art work. I hadn't intended this blog just to be about my cards so it's about time I showed more paintings. I really need to do some more art work as I have neglected it lately. I think I just love making my cards so they take up more of my time.

This watercolour I painted a couple of years ago, was copied from a brilliant book 'An Artists's Safari' by Ralph Thompson. He illustrated a lot of books by Gerald Durrell. I just loved his style so wanted to see if I could reproduce it. I don't think I could do a painting like this in my own style as I would have probably tried to do more detail and then messed it up.

Cheetahs are my favourite wild cat of all. I just love the markings on their face and their sleek athletic bodies. Also, young cheetahs have very fluffy heads which make them so adorable :)

I was in such a rush yesterday, I didn't tell you which card won that red white and black challenge I did for Inkurable Stampers. It was this card. I am still excited that I won something!

We are due for some nice warm weather this weekend so I'm looking forward to a bit of sunbathing. Hopefully will still find some time to make some cards.

Will be back on Monday. Have a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by ...

3 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Your painting is breathtaking, Liz! You could have another blog just with your paintings! The cheetah are awesome! And congrats on your winning card!

Dotty Jo said...

OMG Liz, this is brilliant - I am speechless... and that doesn't happen very often let me tell you! Jo x

Cheryl Valadez said...

Liz, this is absolutely, positively stunning! This cheetah is so regal and being a cat lover, I could just stare at it all day. You are truly a gifted artist.