Wednesday 19 May 2010

Japanese Style

I used Stampin Up's Asian Artistry and Seeing Spots sets for this card. This is before I learned the stippling technique so I brayered the middle circle. As you can see I didn't do it too well and I don't have a perfect circle. But I still liked it :). I trimmed a couple of strips of black card and adhered them to give a different kind of embellishment that I thought complimented the Asian feel. Added some gloss to the bird - love that bird!

Here some more Penny Black images from the PaperCraft show. The cat with the flute caught my eye. Actually it was the card that I admired so much I had to buy the stamp! Whoever made that card is very good at cutting out as I looked at it close up and it's so perfect, I wonder if they did it with a craft knife. I'm thinking of getting Tim Holtz's craft knife as I need a good one to do work like this


I couldn't resist taking another picture of these cute cards. I asked the lady from Butterfly Kisses if it was okay to take pictures and she said it was. There is a lovely card at the back with a mouse and cherries - my friend bought that stamp!

The other pictures I have from the show are not very good - too many people in the way unfortunately. Next time they have the show (which will be 14 November), I will try and take better pictures, and more of them. We are thinking of going later on in the day when, hopefully, there won't be so many people.

Thanks for stopping by ...

0 comments: