Wednesday 5 May 2010

Bird on a branch Part 2

Here is that cute bird again from Stampin up (and the flowers from the Boho blossoms punch). In their latest mini catalogue, there was a picture of a card that used this colour combination and it caught my eye. Normally I would have black and white with a splash of red but I thought it looked really good with bright yellow so I had to try it out myself. Using SU's Night and Day papers and Sunshine yellow card, I punched out all my shapes and added some Kaisercraft black beads for the bird's eye and centres of the flowers.

I love that houndstooth check pattern, so gorgeous and reminds me of the 50's and Doris Day! I used to have a pair of leggings in that pattern in the 90's (yes, when flares were all the fashion again, not leggings, ha ha I like to be retro), they were my favourite I wish I still had them.

The temp this morning is 7C and it is May!!! What has happened to Spring and the warmer weather? I heard that New York was in the 30's at the weekend and Canada is also hot. Meanwhile over here we are freezing. I would LOVE to emigrate.

On a more cheerful note:

Today, I will be happier than a bird with a french fry.

Seen on Susan Raihala's blog


2 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Love that color combo! Especially against the great houndstooth pattern! And that quote at the end makes me smile....and hungry for french fries!

Monica Gale said...

Oh yeah I love this and like you I was taken by the lovely black and yellow combo in the catalogue. Beautiful Liz, hugs xxx