Thursday 13 May 2010

The Magical Garden

I like to think that little fairy/sprites flit around at night, in our gardens, and add a touch of magic and beauty to the flowers.

So that is the inspiration for this card. I found it hard to brayer this card how I wanted it which is why it turned out quite dark in places. My aim is to do it without any lines showing but that is easier said than done. So whenever lines showed up I had to try and cover them up with more ink. And I still haven't managed to stop my moons and suns getting an eclipse around them.

The leaves are by Lavinia Stamps, the Dandelion seed heads are by Hero Arts and I have no idea where I got the fairies from, but they are from years ago when I didn't think I needed to keep a note of where I got them from. Well, I remember I got them from Blockhead Stamps but they don't sell them anymore. The jewelled brads at the bottom of the card are from Stampin Up.

Hope you have some magic in your day, thanks for stopping by ...

3 comments:

donna mikasa said...

This is gorgeous, Liz! I love the whimsical feel and the bling on the bottom is perfect!

Monica Gale said...

Oh hunny, you are rocking those brayered creations. What a wonderful card , hugs xxx

Dotty Jo said...

A totally magical card Liz, love it! Jo x